Booking Terms & Conditions
The booking terms & conditions set out below will apply to all confirmed bookings at Robertswood House.
They will make clear what you can expect from Robertswood House and set out the responsibilities of guests.
Click here to view as PDF/Download.
We advise all members of a party to have suitable travel insurance to cover the group during their stay at Robertswood House.
- By making a booking with Robertswood House you are entering into a contract with Robertswood House. By doing so you accept our terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and everyone involved within that booking. These booking terms will apply as soon as your deposit is received.
- Robertswood House will be available from 4 PM on the day of your arrival and must be vacated by 10:00 AM on the day of your departure. Excess time over this will be chargeable at £75.00 per hour.
- Robertswood House will accommodate 18 people in the 9 double rooms. There are also 3 camp beds available bringing the maximum the house can accommodate to 21. (this includes children) Additional costs per camp beds will apply at £15.00 per head.
- Robertswood house require a deposit to confirm any booking. The remaining balance is due in full 8 weeks before your stay. Any booking made within the “8 week” period prior to arrival date will require full payment.
- When you book your holiday with us and pay your deposit, our/your agreement becomes a legally binding agreement/contract, and your deposit becomes non-refundable.
- Bookings at Robertswood House require full acceptance of the terms and conditions. You will only be eligible for a refund if we are able to rebook your vacation dates if for any reason you are unable to fulfil your commitment to your stay at Robertswood House after paying the final balance. We therefore recommend that you obtain travel/cancellation insurance as any monies received are non refundable. Cancellations made prior to the 8 week date will incur no further charge. Your deposit however is lost.
- Robertswood House reserve the right to cancel any booking if the accommodation becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our control. Every attempt will be made to re-accommodate you/your group, however, if this unacceptable or unobtainable a full refund will be given. Our liability would then stop.
- Robertswood House supply all fresh bed linen, towels and toilet roll to all rooms. You are not required to strip the beds upon departure; however, please ensure that all bedroom bins are empty prior to departure.
- Robertswood House requires a £150.00 deposit. We accept this as a damage waiver deposit from you & your party as the undersigned. Your deposit will be returned in full once you have completed your check out and we are satisfied that there is no damage or loss to the property.
- There will be NO SMOKING or PETS within the building unless by prior arrangement. Any breach of this condition will result in the forfeit of the damage waiver deposit.
- Please leave the property as you found it, clean and tidy.
- Robertswood House reserve the right to terminate your holiday if any person(s) is found to be behaving in an unacceptable, inappropriate or dangerous manner or causing annoyance to others, at which point your holiday will be terminated and no refund will be given. To which our liabilities will stop. NO NOISE AFTER 11 PM IN THE GARDENS PLEASE. Please Note; All the neighbours have our contact number and if they call to inform us of excess noise and we have to attend the property you will forfeit your deposit.
- Robertswood House cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your group/party, vehicles or possessions.
- We reserve the right to enter the property without prior notice as and when “special circumstances or emergencies” arise.
- Please notify us as soon as reasonably possible of any shortcomings within the property so any action can be taken. Emergency contact details will be supplied on arrival.
- Wifi is available though out the building, however, it is an unsecured service with no access control. Please ensure “proper usage by minors” is controlled.
- Due to Covid 19 some of the cancellation policy is void. If we are unable to open due to government restrictions, you will receive a full refund.
Additional Booking Information for the Spa Garden
The below Terms and Conditions will only apply if you have also made a booking with use of the Robertswood Spa Garden!
Firstly we want you and your group to thoroughly enjoy your Robertswood holiday.
However there are inevitably a few house rules that you need to be aware of.
Everyone using the Spa garden must read this information
and the operating/safety instructions.
The spa garden is a quiet, secluded area, which is completely decked and well lit. Although treated the decking may become slippery when wet. There are also steps in this area. The Sauna and Hot Tub can also be locked off if required. We would ask that no children under the ages of 12 are left in the side garden unaccompanied. We recommend that the gate and bar door remain closed at all times to ensure the safety of small children. There is a small changing room in the garden where you will find a WC and sink. For safety reasons there is no lock on the door. Please be very careful as the tiled floor will become very slippery when wet.
The ‘Jacuzzi’ Hot Tub
The hot tub is set to 38 degrees C. This is the recommended temperature given by the manufacturer. A full demonstration will be given to you on arrival. The Hot Tub is designed for a maximum of six people. It is important to note that spending too much time in the hot tub can be harmful to your health therefore you should only spend 15 minutes in the hot tub before getting out and cooling off. Do not remain in the hot tub for more than 15 minutes at a time. Cool off thoroughly before re-entering. Remain in the hot tub over 15 minutes at your own risk.
Children must be supervised by an adult at all times, babies should NOT be put in the hot tub. Always replace the cover when not in use. Please enter and exit with care using the steps provided. The hot tub and surrounding area can be slippery, make sure of your footing when entering or exiting the hot tub. If you are not using the sauna and plunge shower first please shower with soap and water before entering the hot tub. Please do not use the hot tub if you have a fake tan.
No Jumping or Diving.
Do not bring glass in or near the hot tub. There are good quality acrylic glasses provided for all outdoor areas. We do not recommend drinking alcohol whilst in the hot tub. Do not smoke in the hot tub. Do not use electrical items or mobile devices in or near the hot tub. There is a footbath provided, please use this before entering – dirty feet (leaves, grass, grit etc) will clog the filters and may reduce overall performance. To maintain hygiene in the water we use chemicals that are safe for human use and have been dermatologically tested. However, as an extra precaution, we recommend showering after using the hot tub to ensure maximum hygiene. Your safety and well-being is our top priority.
If you have any allergies when swimming in a treated pool do not use the hot tub.
The Sauna steam room can accommodate 4 adults.
Children under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
When you arrive, there will be a full demonstration.
Do not smoke or drink alcohol in the sauna.
Please follow the guidelines given.
Know your own limits. As a guide there is a 15 minute timer on the wall. If you feel unwell,
dizzy or sleepy remove yourself from the sauna and cool off thoroughly before re-entering. Please check with your doctor if pregnant, in poor health, or under medical care prior to using the sauna.
Only use clean tap water on the stones. When applying water to the hot stones be aware that steam will burn you if applied incorrectly.
When you leave the sauna there is a plunge shower which will soak you with 9 litres of very cold water if you are brave enough, Alternatively you can take a cool shower in your room.
Please shower prior to using the Hot Tub.
Spa Garden Booking Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions will make clear what your responsibilities are.
You will be signing on behalf of you and the group.
Anyone using the Spa garden must read this information and the operating/safety instructions prior to its use.
By signing you relinquish Robertswood House, David and Marylyn Harding of any liabilities to loss, injury, illness, failings or misgivings.
Please take your time to read them carefully in order to fully understand them. We acknowledge and apologise that they are lengthy and predominantly common sense.
- By including the Spa Garden in your reservation, you agree to the Terms and Conditions listed below. with particular note to point 35.
- You will be provided with a set of instructions for the “Jacuzzi Hot Tub” and Sauna upon arrival, along with the option of a brief demonstration. Additionally, you’ll receive a set of keys to lock and unlock the side gate and bar door, which you’ll need to return complete when you leave.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the security of the building. Please make sure all doors are
locked at night and during the day if no one is in the house. Any subsequent loss to Robertswood House property caused by negligent behaviour must be paid for in full.
- The Spa garden is a quite area for relaxing in. There will be NO NOISE after 11pm Failure
to observe this important rule will result in the loss of your deposit.
- Prior to your arrival, all chemicals will have been added and filters cleaned. DO NOT
attempt to remove the filters at any time.
- Prior to using the Hot Tub remove the cover as directed. Any damage to the cover will result
in the loss of you deposit and a bill for the remaining cost of renewal.
- Do not sit or lay on the cover.
- The “Jacuzzi” Hot Tub can accommodate up to six people at once. Overcrowding
the Hot Tub will result in a loss of water and therefore its overall performance.
- The water level must be maintained below the head rest pads and the top of the upper jets.
If you need to replenish the water level use CLEAN tap water. Remember, by having to do
this you will have to wait until the water temperature returns to its pre-set level before you
can enjoy it again.
- Do not drink the water in the Hot Tub as it will reduce the water level and may possibly
cause problems for you later!! If you need to please use the toilet in the changing room not
the Hot Tub.
- Be sensible, Excessive use of the Hot Tub or Sauna may cause some internal upsets for
which we cannot be held responsible.
- It is essential that everyone using the Hot Tub showers before using it.
- Unless first completely removed Anyone with a fake tan must not enter the Hot Tub.
- Prior to entering the Hot Tub please rinse your feet in the bowl provided. Contaminated
water may reduce the overall performance of the Hot Tub and it doesn’t look very nice.
- Enter and exit the Hot Tub SLOWLY and take care of your footing. Remember that the
surfaces around the area may become slippery when wet.
- DO NOT re-enter the building wet. Large towels are provided in the changing room, Please
- Suitable swim wear must be worn. DO NOT enter the Hot Tub with regular clothes on.
- Children must be supervised by an adult at ALL TIMES. Do not put babies in the Hot Tub
- The “Jacuzzi Hot Tub” is pre-set at 38 degrees centigrade. You will not need to adjust this.
- Any person who is pregnant, has heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure or any
other serious illness should consult with a doctor before entering the Hot Tub or Sauna. The NHS advice for pregnant women is to avoid Hot Tubs & Saunas – More info HERE
- After use, the cover MUST be replaced. Failure to do so will result in a loss of temperature
which will affect your enjoyment of the Hot Tub.
- Close all three jet dials when not in use. Again, Failure to do so will result in a loss of
temperature which will affect your enjoyment of the Hot Tub.
- Do not smoke or drink alcoholic beverages when using the Hot Tub or Sauna.
- Do not use any electrical items including mobile devices in or around the Hot Tub.
- It is recommended that you limit your duration to 15 minutes at a time when using the Hot Tub or Sauna. Cool off completely before re-entering either Hot Tub or Sauna.
- Do not turn the Hot Tub off. The filtration and heating system are permanently running to maintain cleanliness of the water and temperature.
- There will be NO Jumping, Bombing, Gymnastics, etc. in the Hot Tub please.
- Do not bring any glassware into the Spa Garden, Acrylic ‘glasses’ have been provided behind the bar.
- Do not use soaps or oils in the Hot Tub.
- For best results when using the Sauna always keep the door shut.
- There is a risk of overheating yourself in the Hot Tub and Sauna. Know your limits, If you
feel uncomfortable, dizzy, nauseous or sleepy exit immediately and cool off. You should seek medical attention if any of these symptoms persist or worsen.
- Please take the time to read all instructions and warning notices, If there is anything you are
unsure about please ask. These notices are there for a reason. Robertswood will not be held
responsible or liable for any of your actions or injuries.
- Prior to your arrival, the Spa garden will be cleaned. Please make sure it stays that way. We
do however accept that at certain times of year this is impossible to maintain.
- Any damage incurred to any part of the Spa Garden due to misuse or not following the
above recommendations must and will be paid for in full.
- The Lead Guest – You;
a. Have completely read, fully understand and accept all points in our booking terms and conditions
b. Accept on behalf of myself and all others in my group full responsibility for the well being and insurance of the Robertswood House Spa Garden facility.
c. Understand all the above information and acknowledge that the use of the Robertswood Spa Garden is at our own risk.
d. Agree to release Robertswood House from any and all liabilities incurred with the use of the Spa garden facility.
e. Accept that your deposit will only be returned after an inspection of the Spa garden is complete and no damage has occurred.